Are you a chocolate lover?? March 9, 2009Posted by priscilaraposo in It's all about cooking.
add a comment
Most people are crazy about chocolate. But, is eating chocolate a healthy or a harmful habit?
Researchers have found that cocoa and other chocolates may keep high blood pressure down, your blood flowing and your heart healthy.
Isn’t that fantastic?!
So, how about trying a delicious chocolate brownie recipe in a weekend afternoon with your family?
But, bear in mind that eating any kind of food in excess is not healthy!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 ¼ cups margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp1 vanilla
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 cups nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180º C).
Melt butter and add cocoa; mix. Stir in sugar and blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts; mix well.
Bake in greased 9 x 13-inch2 pan for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Let cool on rack, 20 to 30 minutes.
Cut into 20 square pieces.
- Servings: 20
- Calories/Serving: 224
- Nutrition: One brownie contains approximately (with walnuts): 224 calories, 3 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 12 g fat (3 g saturated), 43 mg cholesterol, 20 mcg folate, 1 mg iron, 124 mg sodium.
1. tsp= teaspoon (s)
2. 1 inch = 2.54 centimetres
IT’S ALL ABOUT COOKING! March 9, 2009Posted by priscilaraposo in It's all about cooking.
add a comment
Ham with Honey and Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 (5 pound) fully cooked sliced ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 oranges, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the ham in a roasting pan and dot with cloves. In a saucepan combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey and orange juice. Stir and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour the glaze over the ham.
- Bake the ham uncovered for 1 hour in the preheated oven.